The UDM-College of Criminology is committed to nurture and prepare the less privileged but deserving youth of Manila for a career in Criminology, Criminal Justice, and Public Safety who are motivated to excel in all fields of endeavor, resilient to all challenges of life, open and sensitive to the community’s needs, imbued with solid moral values, supremacy of truth and service to humanity as the way of life and oriented to “make a difference.”
The UDM- College of Criminology is fostering virtues of excellence, service and fortitude as core values embodying graduates that will steward institutions related to Criminology, Criminal Justice, and Public Safety (in terms of crime prevention, and control. )
A significant educational institution actively and continually involved in turning out graduates who will lead Manila in particular, and the nation in general, in addressing the vital problems of crime prevention and control and meeting the demands for global competitiveness.
- Provide opportunity, instruction and guided experience by which the students learn the basic knowledge and acquire the skills essential to the practice of Criminology, Criminal Justice and Public Safety;
- Provide the students with a broad cultural background and an understanding of human rights, constitutional guarantees and due process requirements, in so far as they affect the total administration of justice;
- Foster higher concepts of citizenry, accountability and leadership and understanding of one’s moral and legal, responsibility to his fellowmen, his community and his country;
- Inspiring and instilling in the students the value of service to humanity;
- Inculcating upon students the respect to diverse culture, norms and traditions to promote world peace
- Encourage research and inquiry along the field of Criminology and Criminal Justice.