The Bachelor of Science in Accountancy (BSA) program is composed of subjects in accounting (financial, public, managerial), audit, administration, business laws and taxation. Its primary focus is not limited to business subjects, but to other fields as well, such as banking and finance, government, social services, education, and more. The program also teaches students to integrate information technology concepts into business systems, in order to create a more systematic and organized way of storing business related data. As a student, you will be taught computerized accounting systems, and basic understanding of computer programming and auditing systems. The program also instills in students the importance of computational and communication skills both in written and oral English.
WHAT SKILLS ARE REQUIRED TO SUCCEED IN THIS COURSE?
A combination of knowledge, skills and the right attitude are needed to succeed in this course:
- A student who is to take BS in Accountancy must be intellectual enough to carry out problems that need abstract logical thinking.
- Reasoning skill is important because this will help in the discovery of underlying principles between two or more objects and use it to solve a problem.
- Analytical skill is a must because it is imperative to be able to review, interpret, evaluate financial data and systems and operational data/controls in order to form conclusions.
- Problem solving – the ability to discern the true nature of a situation and evaluate applicable principles and techniques – is also important, as well as the ability to link data, knowledge and insight together from different sources and disciplines to make informed decisions.
- Interpersonal and effective communication skills are essential as well because you will be working in groups, so being a team player helps.
- A good grasp of the English language is also required.
- Commitment, patience, and hard work complete the necessary attitude that will help you succeed in this course.
- Accounting Associate
- Audit/Tax staff
- Financial Accounting and Reporting Staff
- State Accounting Examiner/ State Accountant/ LGU accountant
- Budget Analyst
- Junior Accounting Instructor
- Audit Manager
- Financial Services Manager